Staying safe and warm this winter

December 20, 2013 – The Daily Mining Gazette, HOUGHTON – For quite some time Julie Cischke had been having headaches in her Houghton home and really didn’t think anything about it, but after receiving a postcard in the mail offering a free furnace inspection, she found out carbon monoxide very likely was the cause of her headaches.

Cischke said the inspection of her boiler heating system was done by Blue Terra Energy of Hancock, and the person who did it immediately found the problem.

“The first thing they found was high levels of carbon monoxide,” she said.

The high levels of carbon monoxide from the system were most likely causing her headaches, Cischke said.

Although her house had a carbon monoxide detector, Cischke said she found from the representative of Blue Terra Energy those devices don’t indicate CO levels are rising. The alarm goes off when the levels are dangerous and residents should leave the dwelling.

The inspection of her boiler found, also, it wasn’t burning efficiently, and flames were shooting out of it.

Read more…

One Response to Staying safe and warm this winter