Thermal Infrared Scans From Blue Terra Energy
Thermography provides a visual representation of heat. Objects above absolute zero (-459⁰F) emit infrared radiation. Infrared radiation, or radiation differences, can be observed with a thermal imaging camera. Thermal imaging cameras can see a greater range of infrared, part of the the electromagnetic spectrum, than the human eye.
Blue Terra Energy offers Certified Level I Thermography thermal imaging services. Energy audits focusing on areas of energy loss are conducted through the use of high resolution, high temperature thermal imaging cameras. Thermographic evidence provided from energy audits identifies temperature and temperature differences of most objects.
Infrared Imaging Applications for Mechanical Systems
Regular thermal inspections of mechanical equipment can detect temperature deviations caused by insulation, bearing, friction and alignment problems. Early detection may prevent down-time and accidents, increasing productivity.
- Motors, drives and bearings
- Boilers, boiler tubes and flues
- HVAC equipment
- Wind turbine generators and gear boxes
- Refrigeration equipment insulation and leaks
- Cold storage cooling loss
- Petrochemical storage tank fluid and sludge levels
- Refinery and fluid transport process
Infrared Imaging Applications for Buildings
- Heat loss inspections for buildings, plants, facilities
- In-floor radiant heat performance and leaks
- Building insulation surveys
- Moisture damage surveys
- Concrete delamination and integrity
- Air Infiltration
Infrared Imaging Applications for Electrical Systems
Thermal scans for predictive and preventative maintenance of electrical components can detect breaker problems or load performance issues in electrical systems. Thermography for maintenance planning and streamlining repairs results in cost-saving and safety benefits.
- Power Generation and motor controllers
- Substations electrical inspections including transformers, switchgear, breakers and capacitor banks and transmission lines.
- Electrical panel safety and fire mitigation scans for buildings and cargo ships
In addition to the common uses listed above, other applications for thermal imaging include medical and veterinary science, roof moisture damage and leakage surveys. The applications are endless.
If you are interested in an energy audit or a thermal scan please contact us at Blue Terra Energy (906) 487-5342 for a free consultation.